Atelier House-contemporary villa
Atelier House was completed in 2012 and finished with simple, elegant materials such as Portuguese limestone used for all kitchen surfaces and bespoke bathroom fittings also designed by the owners.
It is a contemporary ‘Ibiza style’ house.
There are 4 bedrooms – two of which have en suite bathrooms. The upstairs master bedroom also has a glazed balcony with sunset views over the sea and a covered outdoor terrace for relaxing. Downstairs, the en-suite extends to an enclosed outdoor shower area.
The double-height living space maximizes the stunning views of the extensive outdoor terraces and pool (32 x 27ft), and further beyond across a protected, mahogany-tree-filled gully to the Caribbean sea.
Outside, the property is surrounded by breath taking gardens that have been planted with species of palms, lilies, bougainvillea and many flowering shrubs. In addition to the pool and terraces, there is a large roof terrace and mezzanine study area with stunning views.
Measuring 1/2 acre, the garden is accessed via a large and secure gate and has parking for several cars.
St James is widely considered as the jewel in the crown of Barbados, with unmatched white sandy beaches, high-end hotels and dining that ranges from world-class restaurants to makeshift food stalls serving delicious local fare.
Other attractions and local activities include water sports, horse riding, the farmers’ market at Holders, golf at Sandy Lane and Westmoreland, gully walks and stunning beaches.
- Air Conditioned bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Car Parking on site
- Ceiling Fans
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Golf (nearby)
- Guest House
- Infinity edge pool
- Internet Access
- Near Beach
- Private Garden
- Private Pool
- Sea view
- Security System
- Short walk to beach
- Tennis (nearby)
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Architect - Alistair Downie of Harper Downie. London architecture with experience across the Caribbean.
- Design Engineers - Packman Lucas. London firm with a stellar record for innovative engineering design. Ron Packman is the chief engineer for Thomas Heatherwick - arguably one of the world’s most inventive designers.
- Structural engineering - Alan Armstrong Associates. Local firm from Christchurch, Barbados.
- All structural elements designed to withstand hurricane force winds.
- Interiors by Amanda Snow. London based interior designer.
- Total gross covered area = 5,271 sq.ft
- Kitchens shipped from UK
- Worktops and island are white granite
- All lighting is LED
- Hot water is electric
- Furniture includes one off pieces and contemporary classics by B&B Italia, Artemide, Jasper Morrison, Cassina and Ligne Roset.
West Coast of Barbados