Atelier House is a stunning 4 bedroom contemporary villa. It is located on a ridge on the west coast of Barbados.
Atelier House has beautiful views over the Caribbean Sea. It was completed in 2012. Finished with simple, elegant materials Atelier House is one of a kind. The kitchen is particularly lovely. It is open plan with lovely views and Portuguese limestone kitchen surfaces. The bathrooms have bespoke bathroom fittings.
There are 4 bedrooms. Two of these have en suite bathrooms. The other two share a bathroom.
The upstairs master bedroom has a glazed balcony. It is a wonderful spot from which to enjoy sunset views over the sea. It has a covered outdoor terrace which is perfect for relaxing. Downstairs the en-suite bedroom extends to an enclosed outdoor shower area.
The double-height living space maximizes the stunning views. The views extend to the spacious outdoor terraces and pool. The pool is 32ft x 27ft. The views stretch across a protected gully to the Caribbean sea.
Outside, Atelier House is surrounded by breath taking gardens. These have been planted with species of palms, lilies, bougainvillea and many flowering shrubs. In addition to the pool and terraces there is a large roof terrace. There is also a mezzanine study area with stunning views.
Measuring 1/2 acre the garden is accessed via a large and secure gate. There is parking outside Atelier House for several cars.
St James is widely considered as the jewel in the crown of Barbados. It has unmatched white sandy beaches and high-end hotels. DIning in St James ranges from world-class restaurants to makeshift food stalls. All serve delicious local fare.
Other attractions and local activities include water sports and horse riding. The farmers' market at Holders is worth a visit. There is golf at Sandy Lane and Royal Westmoreland. There are also gully walks and stunning beaches nearby.
Atelier House is ideally located just minutes drive from Holetown. Historic Speightstown is also less than 15 minutes drive away. It is also minutes away from the west coast beaches.
The furnishings are not included but the vendor would consider selling them at a price to be agreed.
For long term rentals in Barbados visit longtermrentalsbarbados.com
For holiday rentals in Barbados (including holiday rentals in Atelier House) visit barbadosdreamvillas.com
- Air Conditioned bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Car Parking on site
- Ceiling Fans
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Golf (nearby)
- Guest House
- Infinity edge pool
- Internet Access
- Near Beach
- Private Garden
- Private Pool
- Sea view
- Security System
- Short walk to beach
- Tennis (nearby)
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Architect - Alistair Downie of Harper Downie. London architecture with experience across the Caribbean.
- Design Engineers - Packman Lucas. London firm with a stellar record for innovative engineering design. Ron Packman is the chief engineer for Thomas Heatherwick - arguably one of the world’s most inventive designers.
- Structural engineering - Alan Armstrong Associates. Local firm from Christchurch, Barbados.
- All structural elements designed to withstand hurricane force winds.
- Interiors by Amanda Snow. London based interior designer.
- Total gross covered area = 5,271 sq.ft
- Kitchens shipped from UK
- Worktops and island are white granite
- All lighting is LED
- Hot water is electric
- Furniture includes one off pieces and contemporary classics by B&B Italia, Artemide, Jasper Morrison, Cassina and Ligne Roset.
West Coast of Barbados